Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Gato de pelo

Fine cat hair sticks to every inch of my clothing, sneaks its way into my food, and is a constant visual companion in my grandmothers home in Kent, Washington. Her three half siamese cats and my grandmother are my new companions as I work out my spring quarter school plans. My spring independent project is Tree Canopy Research and Climbing. I will be reading two books, writing papers and taking three tree climbing courses. The first one is April 10th to the 16th in Atlanta, Georgia. I will be taught how to safely access and climb trees with the founder Peter Jenkins, of the first recreational tree climbing organization in the US.
After this week course I will be able to acess the tree canopies on my own. For safety reasons I will practice with my re-acquainted friend John who is a certified arborist for the city of Kent. It has been 11 years, along time since our days punching each other on the bus. Besides this exciting transition I will be adding a new member to the family, her name is Smurfett and she's a blue 2003 Honda Element. Perfect for my adventures into the wilderness with plenty of room for gear and AWD for nasty roads. It's time to go read my Forest Canopies book and roll around in some cat hair. I hope everyone is having a nice transition into spring. I'm finally accepting that it will be spring, for a while since I've been back I keep thinking it is going to be fall. This year will be my third summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment