Sunday, October 17, 2010

Night Life

It´s 5am and I´m still awake. I´M STILL AWAKE! We had an asado that started roughly around 11:30pm. We grilled up tons of meat and veggies. There was a live band playing music less than one block away so we danced and enjoyed the scene. A few of the band members (all hombres) were wearing dresses (one was a sweet black and white stripped, low cut). A girl even came out and performed flaming batons. The crowd blocked the street completely and we danced the night away....

This city never sleeps. When on my way out the door, headed for school, I was often asked by the hostel employees what I had done in the evening. My bedtimes roughly 11pm and this always shocks them. Pablo or Marcelo ask, ¨why aren´t you partying at the clubs!? That´s what you should be doing here!¨I decided it was time to live the argentinian life at least a couple times before we headed off to the campo.

Friday night was ladies night. We had dinner and drinks in Palermo then wandered around aimlessly trying to find a club. What seemed like two hours later (by now it´s 2am) we find the club. Everyone headed to a bar while my classmate, Kailee and I checked out the club. We spoke to a mother and daughter who couldnt get into the club because they didn´t have ID on them. So they gave us their tickets! They were super sweet. So we go into this club and it´s drenched in weed, no ones dancing, and there´s midgets dancing on stage. It gets better. There´s an old wrinkly, tall man in a dress swaying in the breeze of marijuana. There´s more. This gorgeous woman comes onto th stage wearing a bikini. It took a long time but the midgets slowly painted her and eventuallly all her clothes came off. Boring. I´ve seen naked bodies before. Long story short, we somehow found our way back to the hostel in time to watch day break. ¿Bueños noches, or should I say, Bueñas Dias!?

BTW, I bounced off the tire of a motorcycle a couple nights ago. I was heading back from playing futbol with my classmate David and it was en la noche. It was his fault. I was crossing th street to greet him when i was side swiped by a motorcicleta (whose light wasn´t on for I didnt see him). I obtained a few scratches and bruises and learned a great lesson. Vehicles don´t stop for pedestrians in Bueños Aires.

No comments:

Post a Comment