Thursday, January 13, 2011

Estoy cansada

I´ve been wanting to write since my break in El Bolson but I´ve so busy ever since I got back to the real world. I´m staring at this computer and it´s swaying haha! Too much cafe and mate. I had spanish class this morning and shared my new ceramica mate gourd with everyone. It´s a pajaro, bird. After class I wrote my two spanish presentations, one on one of the founding fathers of Argentina, Perito Moreno and the other presentation on an interview of our choice. I interviewed several people in the artensanal feria in Bariloche, people like Daniel who made the ceramica mate cup I bought, a Cecilia who makes soap, and a Mapuche woman (a true native of Argentina) who makes beautiful silver jewelry.

Then I had a meeting with film director and producer of The Path of the Condor. Here´s the website: http://www.thepathofthecondor.com/
My classmates Morgan, Ben, and I asked him questions about possible projects to join about the condors. We have some more people to contact but it looks likely that my February project will be studying the Condor bird. I´m super excited because not a lot of study has been done on these magnificent birds. Every new information gained about them has great opportunities in areas of re-establishing populations here and in california with the californian condor, new inventions in paragliding, and much much more.

Time to go, tonight I´m eating at the restaurant Sesame with my roommates. Some other things I´ve been working on is a species presentation on the Black-Browed Albatross and another presentation on a research paper about the Condors. Sunday our group leaves to take rental cars north and south to different parks.

Here´s an interesting article my professor just sent me.
http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2011/jan/13/argentinian-founding-father-genocide-row

¡Nos Vemos!

No comments:

Post a Comment